We Fill Good is located at 42 State Rd in Kittery, Maine.
We offer local delivery for refills.
Our hours are Tuesday – Thursday 10 – 6; Friday 10 – 5; Saturday 11 – 5 and Sunday 11 – 4.
Low waste living means taking steps to limit our environmental impact. Whether that means bringing a reusable mug to the coffee shop, composting your kitchen scraps, or swapping out paper napkins for cloth, it’s about making positive choices whenever possible.
- Wash your clothes in cold water and use a non-toxic detergent. Hang your clothes to dry on a clothesline or drying rack if possible.
- Purchase biodegradable bathroom products like recycled toilet paper, package-free soap, shampoo and conditioner bars, natural deodorant, and bamboo toothbrushes.
- Eat less meat. You don’t have to go vegan but consider substituting legumes or tofu as a protein source a few nights a week.
- Shop farmer’s markets, buy organic and local food when you can, and compost food waste.
- Pack lunches and store food in reusable containers or wraps.
- Replace traditional lightbulbs with energy efficient LEDS that last 12 times as long.
- Avoid single use products and choose ones with less packaging.
- Walk, bike, carpool, or use public transportation whenever you can.
- Commute using public transportation, drive the most energy efficient car you can afford, and work from when it’s an option.
- Print less, print double-sided, and recycle or reuse paper as scrap.
- Pack your lunch in a reusable container or bag, use a travel mug, keep a set of cutlery in your bag or office drawer, and choose unpackaged foods like loose fruit instead of individually wrapped snacks.
- Avoid impulse buys
- Bring your own bags
- Purchase bulk goods in reusable containers
- Choose natural fibers over synthetics, which shed microplastics
- Stay away from “fast fashion,” purchase secondhand or upcycled goods, and donate what you don’t use
- Buy from socially responsible companies that share your values
- Spend a little more on things that last.